Online Classes with UNWIND
During this tumultuous time, we recognize that ways to de-stress and bring us back to center are paramount. That's why we at UNWIND have taken our classes out of our studio and put them online for you.
Read more about our online classes and updates about our studio below.
We are excited to announce that we have taken our classes and put them online and on-demand as well as Live-Streaming most classes at their regular class times!
As of now, there are two ways to view our online classes:
Below you will find information about both ways to utilize our online classes. And, of course, feel free to email us with any questions you might have.
We are excited to be able to continue serving you during these challenging times and to give you the ability to continue practicing with most of your favorite teachers at your convenience. Please bear with us as we navigate these new offerings, as this is a work in progress. And as you start to use these new services, please let us know if you have any feedback.
Thank you again for your patience as we embark on these new frontiers and strive to bring yoga to our community. We'll see you in our online classes soon! And until then, stay strong, stay healthy, and stay kind towards all.
Classes on Our YouTube Channel
We're starting this transition to online classes with recorded classes, recognizing that recently everyone’s lives have changed dramatically and our regular class times may no longer be convenient for you. We want you to have the ability each day to practice yoga in your own home and at a convenient time that works for you.
How can you access these classes online?
1. Each day there will be new classes posted, approximately 2-3 classes each day.
2. For the first few days, these classes will be with both Aubrey and Shirley. Our other teachers are working furiously to get their recordings done so we can add them to the rotation.
a. We expect these recorded classes to have our range from gentle to power and everything in-between, including meditations and more.
3. You will be able to enroll online through the MindBody App and through our Classes page. We'll also continue with our workshops, which can be enrolled in through the MindBody App or our Workshops page.
a. IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND – Don’t let the class time fool you! It will say 9:00 PM, but regardless of the class schedule online, the classes will be available each day from the moment you open your eyes in the morning.
4. We will have a day's classes available for registering online a few days at a time initially, and will be able to go further out as we expand our class recordings.
5. You will receive an email confirmation with a link to the class. You can use that link for any time during that particular day only.
Will any of these classes be streamed live?
1. YES! Initially, we are starting with our SHINE OM class this Friday! We realize our kids will be challenged with the lack of variety of things to do, so we are starting there. For this class, please register online at least 8 hours in advance so we will be able to pack the supplies needed and have them ready for pick up at the studio at least four hours before class.
2. We are working on more kids programs and will keep everyone to update.
3. We will start Live-Streaming some of our weekend classes this weekend (3/21-3/22). Please be sure to check the schedule.
4. Instruction for Live Streaming with Zoom are provided below.
Live Stream via Zoom
We will Live Stream classes via Zoom. Please be sure to check the schedule in the MindBody App as well as on our Classes page or Workshops page.
How do I need a Zoom account for the live stream classes?
Yes. For these live stream classes, you will need a Zoom account. However, these Zoom accounts are free! f you don't already have one, you can sign up for a free account at Zoom.us.
How do I get into my Zoom class?
1. If you haven't already, create a Zoom account at Zoom.us.
3. After you sign up for a class, you'll get an email with the link to enter Zoom. If you don't receive an email, make sure it's not in your spam folder and that you're using the email address you signed up to the class with.
4. Click on the link 15 minutes before the class start time to enter Zoom .
5. After getting into Zoom, enter your name and email and press "register." You will be sent another link to join the class.
6. Upon entering the digital classroom, you will need to enable audio and video functions. Your mic will initially be un-muted so the class can converse like usual. When the class begins, all mics except for the teacher's will be muted so that only the teacher can be heard.
For a short tutorial, check out this short video from Zoom.
How do I get ready for my Zoom class?
Set up your mat so it's facing the computer and your teacher can see you as you practice. Also make sure you can see the computer screen so you can see the instructor! The teacher will practice along with you to provide visual guidance, and will attempt to check for corrections and speak through the computer.
What about props?
You'll need a computer with internet connection, your mat, and any other props you'd like to use to assist your practice. If additional props are necessary, you'll be notified beforehand or special accommodations will be made to provide necessary supplies to those registered for the class (ex: for our Shine Om series).
Interested in a Live Streamed Private Class?
We are offering discounts off our regular priced private sessions for those who would prefer one to one instruction. Please email us for details.
Can I still use my class package?
Yes! During this time, you can continue to use your class or meditation packages, as well as purchase (and use!) our UNWIND gift certificates.